BLOG - Is a Leased Line right for my business
Is a leased line right for my business?
As data demands increase rapidly, many businesses are finding they require a faster, more secure connection to keep up with the competition and to provide the service their customers expect.
What is a leased line?
A leased line is a dedicated, fixed-bandwidth, symmetric data connection. Leased lines are 'dedicated' which means that the bandwidth you need has been reserved solely for your use. The bandwidth you choose is guaranteed 24/7, 365 days a year and is not contended unlike typical broadband connections.
What are the benefits of switching to a leased line?
Businesses can benefit from a dedicated leased line in many ways including the following:
- Consistency and scalability - With the rise of technology, businesses now rely on a consistent and high-speed internet connection. SME’s are expected to respond to customers in an instant, to store and transfer large amounts of data daily and to work without disruption.
- Higher upload speeds – When businesses consider an internet service, they seldom consider upload speeds. Broadband connections tend to have much higher download speeds compared to upload speeds. With a leased line, however, these speeds are symmetrical, which is a massive advantage. Upload speeds determine how quickly you can send data. The higher your upload speed, the more efficient (and quicker) the overall connection is meaning it’s easier to send emails, access data on servers and make VoIP calls.
- Better support - Leased lines come with a Service Level Agreement (SLA), which guarantees that major connectivity issues will be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Security - A leased line is also referred to as a dedicated internet access (DIA) line because it is exclusively dedicated to only the two locations it is connecting. Combined with appropriate router and firewall settings, a dedicated internet access line, reduces the security risks due to it not being a shared service as with broadband services.
Our experience in telecoms means we understand just how critical the internet is to your business. Our service level agreement guarantees 99.95% availability with a 4-hour fix to get you back online should the unexpected happen.
If your business is not as internet critical, then the likelihood is that a standard, broadband connection will do the job for you at a fraction of the price.
However, if your business needs a highly reliable connection backed by a robust Service Level Agreement (SLA), and/or you operate in multiple locations than a leased line is probably the right choice for you. Direct Internet Access (Leased Line) from MS3 enables your business to stay competitive with the quickest, most consistent and cost-effective internet connection. For more information on Direct Internet Access services please click here.
- Hull businesses to benefit from ultrafast upgrade
- BLOG - Does my business need gigabit broadband
- Save up to 30 percent on Direct Internet Access Circuits
- MS3 launches new wholesale offering for partners
- MS3 passes one hundred thousand pound mark in Gigabit Vouchers
- MS3 Cup Returns for 2019
- UK Government gives flagship energy scheme the green light